ad

Wem woman escapes house fire as heaters cause flames

Published date: 09 March 2017 |
Published by: Staff reporter
Read more articles by Staff reporter Email reporter


 

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house fire in Wem yesterday where a woman managed to escape before the flames took hold.

The fire started at the house, in the Roden Grove, at around 5.30pm after a neighbour raised the alarm.

The woman - in her 30s - escaped the fire, which is thought to have been started when a heater caught fire, leading to an electric fire being set alight.

It then spread to a wall-mounted TV as well as shelving. 

Firefighters, from Wem and Prees, used four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put the fire out. 

  • See full story in the Whitchurch Herald

Past pictures from Gladstone Park

  • l10a4750
  • l108b32d
  • l10a360b
Local Bygones

View thousands more photos like this on www.localbygones.co.uk

Browse our archive
 

Featured Businesses

    View all adverts